Summer’s Better with Books!
Did you know that 61% of low income families have no children’s books in the home? Vooks is proud to be partnering with Save the Children for their 100 Days of Reading program. This annual event offers children fun ways to continue reading and learning this summer, while also providing support and resources to kids in rural America who are most impacted by inequality.
How it Works
1. Every link that is clicked on savethechildren.org/read will help provide donations of books, educational materials, and healthy food for kids living in some of America’s most impoverished, rural communities.
2. Visit the library for tips and activities to help keep kids reading, active, and learning throughout the summer.
3. Read and discover storybooks brought to life with your kids on Vooks.
A Perfect Match
Vooks is the world’s leading streaming service of read-aloud animated storybooks. Enjoyed by millions of children and trusted by parents and teachers alike, Vooks inspires a love of reading and supports young children on their path of learning.
Combining the pace and safety of children’s storybooks with the convenience and engagement of online streaming, Vooks aims to create an immersive experience that promotes literacy, imagination, and the joy of reading.
We are a proud supporter of Save the Children and their mission through donations of year-long subscriptions.
Save the Children
Save the Children, a not-for-profit organization, is the world’s leading independent organization for children, whose mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children helps tens of thousands of children across the nation each year by bringing educational programs to communities that need them most. Throughout the 100 Days of Reading, generous partners like Vooks will help Save the Children provide support and resources to kids in rural America most impacted by inequality. Save the Children helps the most vulnerable children become ready for kindergarten so they can succeed in school and in life.
Impact and Giving Partner
Vooks is proud to support Save the Children and their mission through a monetary donation made possible by our subscribers.
- 61% of low income families have no children’s books in the home. Save the Children works to change this.
- Nine out of 10 children in Save the Children’s Early Steps programs across the U.S. score at or above the normal range of vocabulary achievement.
- Kids in Save the Children’s programs read an average of 69 books during the school year.
- Four out of five children who begin the school year reading below grade level show significant reading improvement at the end of the year, with an average literacy improvement rate equivalent to an additional seven months of schooling.
1. Terms and Conditions: Offer is valued during the Save the Children’s 100 Days of Reading campaign from 06/01/2022 to 09/08/2022. Each account is limited to 3 personal devices. No purchase necessary. Pre-existing accounts are ineligible. Only new accounts are valid. You will receive an email confirmation once the form is submitted. No credit card required. Must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for this offer. You will receive 90 days of free access to Vooks from date of registration. After your free access ends you may continue by purchasing a subscription.
Vooks, Inc. | firstname.lastname@example.org | PO Box 6449 Beaverton, OR 97007